Please note...:

--- Since this blog is new and I'm learning on the go, it's still under constant construction. - I appreciate hints, tips, comments, complaint and critiques! Just drop me a line...--- ^-^ thx

Mittwoch, August 28, 2013

HUEsday...daring orange

Orange to Red gradient with lots of bright icy Turquoise and cool dark Blues for contrast.
Beautiful Kyoto Landscape
found on Far and Far away

For people who know me it's no secret that I've got a little feud with the color orange. . . I can't explain why, but it kinda repels me most of the time.
But helping out Mom with renovation lately, I had to face a lot of orange. . . There's lots of reds, oranges and especially aged, orangy shaded wood furniture to find in her apartment. All that is supposed to stay, because of budget, so had to come up with ideas how to combine these tones with other materials and hues so it would look . . .well, more bearable. ;b
Here's some combinations I could actually start liking. . .;)


Cooler light salmon-colored hue with brighter orange combined with shiny Lime Green and bits of Rosé.
 Bright Kimono worn in Shinto Ceremony
(img could not be tracked down to origin - anyone who recognizes it, please leave me a note so I can give proper credits)
Nature's creativity: Orange hues divided by bright pinky Violet plus greenish Yellow highlights!
<3 Bark of Madrone Evergreen Tree.
Found via Buzzfeed's World's Most Beautiful Tree Bark
Indian-style palette with lots of Violet, Purple and Yellow - the brighter, the better.
Photo via zesti's Flickr
Peachy orange with sublte Pinks and cool Blues.
Photo via Creature Comforts
Another contrasty palette with cool Aqua, Turquoise, blueish Violet and Yellow accompanying some bright Oranges.
Found on Completely Coastal

Keine Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...